WriteLab helps students improve their writing all over the world. We aim to enable everyone to write more thoughtfully and effectively.
We seek thoughtful, imaginative employees that believe deeply in our mission. If you think students need better, more immediate feedback, please apply to join our team by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current job openings
Frontend Software Engineer (Berkeley)
As a frontend software engineer you will be working on developing an interface for teachers to quickly leave feedback on their students' writing on areas we don't cover yet, as well as other aspects of the website. You'll largely have full control over the frontend and thus have the freedom to decide how best to implement it (within reason). You'll also be working with the product team to make sure the needs of our users are met, as well as other engineers to integrate your work.
- 1-3 years work experience or internships at companies doing frontend work
- A four-year degree in computer science
- Experience using a DVCS like Git or Mercurial in a team setting
- Experience with modern frontend libraries and tooling like Sass and React
- Experience using server-side web frameworks like Django (preferred) or Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of AWS and its various services
- Familiarity with Linux and being comfortable using the command line
- Competitive compensation
- Company funded Medical, dental, vision insurance, FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Company provided lunch on workdays
- Foosball table!