Join the team at WriteLab
We seek thoughtful, imaginative employees that believe deeply in our mission. If you think students need better, more immediate feedback, please apply to join our team by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits & Perks
WriteLab is a tech company in the heart of Berkeley. We are committed to improving the lives of teachers and students worldwide and the care we put into education goes into our employees too—both inside and outside of the office.
- A Great Work-Life Balance
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Company outings and more
- In the heart of downtown Berkeley
- Free catered lunch
Current Job Openings
We are looking for a savvy engineer who is eager to work on fun and technically challenging projects. You’ll play a large role in delivering an impactful app that supports student writers and teachers! Working with a tight-knit team, you’ll create a refined and elegant user interface that’s supported by high-quality design and implementation processes.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- BS, MS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building single page applications with React+Redux
- Experience using a DVCS like Git or Mercurial in a team setting
- Passionate about UX
- Experience working with Redux middleware (e.g. Thunk, Saga)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Comfortable with package management and build tools (npm, webpack, grunt/gulp, etc.)
- Extensive experience with backend APIs and web services (REST APIs, GraphQL)
- Experience using MVC-frameworks like Django (preferred) or Ruby on Rails
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Company-funded medical, dental, vision insurance, FSA401(k)
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch on workdays
- Paid time off (10–15 days)
- Federal holidays
- Flexible work from home policy
- Foosball table!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.