Join the team at WriteLab
We seek thoughtful, imaginative employees that believe deeply in our mission. If you think students need better, more immediate feedback, please apply to join our team by contacting email@example.com.
Benefits & Perks
WriteLab is a tech company in the heart of Berkeley. We are committed to improving the lives of teachers and students worldwide and the care we put into education goes into our employees too—both inside and outside of the office.
- A Great Work-Life Balance
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Company outings and more
- In the heart of downtown Berkeley
- Free catered lunch
Current Job Openings
WriteLab develops cutting-edge interactive experiences that merge developments in natural language processing with proven approaches to writing instruction. Located in the heart of Berkeley, we are committed to improving the lives of teachers and students worldwide. WriteLab is backed by top-notch investors in education and technology, including Reach Capital, Sinovation Ventures, Z-Kai, Learn Capital, and Kapor Capital.
We’re looking for a full-time web designer as we move into the next phases of our business. You will have an eye for minimal, intuitive, and elegant design—and deliver innovative and cutting-edge designs that shape the future of our brand.
- Create beautiful user journeys across all platforms.
- Translate requirements and wireframes into brilliant web designs.
- Execute day-to-day design and produce digital creative assets for web pages, emails, social media, and online advertising.
- Update and maintain style guide for all features you work on that includes graphical and code references.
- Collaborate with marketing and engineering teams to translate ideas into conceptual designs that engage, enlighten, and inspire our customers.
- Further define, expand and articulate the WriteLab’s visual identity, developing and maintaining digital brand standards.
- Ensure continuity in visual messaging across all digital channels.
- Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs.
- Work from a casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Berkeley.
- 4+ years of interactive design with experience designing desktop, mobile, and web applications.
- BA/BS in related field.
- Sophisticated sense of typography with an attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices, design process, and methodology.
- Experience creating concept models, sitemap, flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Expert level skill in graphic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch.
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing interactive design that demonstrates refined use of typography, layout, unique visual language development, and an understanding of usability principles.
- Able to connect with customers deeply and understand personalized needs and goals, rather than working with a scripted approach.
- Feel comfortable and thrive in fast-paced and less structured startup environment.
- SaaS, enterprise, or edtech interactive design experience.
- Experience organizing and completing many different tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, FSA, 401(k)
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch on workdays
- Paid time off
- Foosball table!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.