Last Updated: June 16, 2015
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We gather information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you provide us directly on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may receive information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we gather from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spend on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. We collect this type of information to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor your experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information...
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to link or combine user information with other personal information.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information...
- With your consent. For example, you may permit us to share personal information with others for their marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- When we are involved in the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These agreements can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes, including
- to comply with laws.
- to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- To support the work of our employees and contractors.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for research.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
2054 University Ave. Suite 600
Berkeley, California 94704